Updated December 1st, 2013
You can now register for the banquet. Click on the banquet tab above!!
Dear Captains, Players, Champions, Runner Up’s, and least we forget, Monish,
thank you again for a great fall season. Congrats to all 5 of our division champions along with our breakfast club champions. Now that the season is over, it’s time to celebrate. We’d like to invite all teams, all players, friends, and whomever, to join us for our Fall Season Banquet & Holiday Party. This is a pre-pay event, so please pass this information onto your teammates who may not be on this email list, or on facebook, or completely unaware that we have a website. Please register on the website(Banquet Tab), you can pay either via a check or paypal, payment information is below. Either way, please register online . We have room for 250 ppl. So Captains if you can check with your teammates, register online, either send in a group payment or have your players send in payments, we’d greatly appreciate it.
Also, please see the attached form. Rooms are available at the Ramada for $72/night for a double, or $82 for a King, rate includes continental breakfast.
Fall Season Banquet on Friday January 3rd, 2014 at the Ramada
What: Topper Sports Fall 2013 Football Banquet & Holiday Party
When: Friday January 3rd, 2014 8pm til Midnight
2402 North Forest Rd, Getzville, NY 14068
Who’s Invited: Players, Captains, General Managers, Agents in the case of “The Todd”, Significant others, Friends or “Friends”, Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch, Mr. Hamm even though he hates Lenny, heck even the Jaeger Bombs
Cost: $30/person in advance, $40 at the door
- Or send check made out to Topper Sports,LLC 132 Cleveland Dr. Tonawanda NY 14223
Includes: Open Bar from 8pm til Midnight, Dinner Buffett and Appetizers throughout the evening, DJ’s, a Special Showing by “The Todd”, and other Surprises as usual..
- 8pm: Arrivals/Registration / Open Bar Begins
Dinner/Apps served throughout the evening
- 9:30pm Team and All Star Presentations
- 10:30pm Open Bar & Party continues til Midnight
Thank you all for a great championship saturday.while we get around to updating the results and recapping yesterday's game, we'd like to acknowledge our Fall 2013 Champions:
- D1 MooseKnuckles
- D2 1-2-3 Gawron
- D3 The RoseGarden
- D4 Touchy Ballers
- D5 Hung Buffalo
- Breakfast League J.Mohr
But today, only one champion really stands out. Ladies and Gentleman, lets just hope he doesn't consider retiring while he's on top.
Mr. Cory Turner, D2 Champion, Team Captain 1-2-3 Gawron, All Around Good Guy
..stay tuned, more to come
Ladies and Gentlemen of the TSL Universe,
So I got to thinking and something hit me. The TSL has been around for 5 sessions now and we have seen good and we have seen bad. We have witnessed epic moments in our league history both on and off the field. But what would have happened if things didn't happen as they actually did.....
So in saying that welcome to:
What would have happened if?????
1. What would have happened if Randy Schwab didn't open his pie hole during season #1 and told Hot Sauce he was moving to FLA for a job opportunity. Randy didn't get the job but Lenny and Alfie went to DWIERS, The Pagano's and Shannon ended up with Rafferty's, Garbacz became Justin "Martial Law" Garbacz on field #1, EKOZ hooked up with Team Rose Garden and Randy met his BFF Boccio and they formed super team New World Order (LOL)
2. What would have happened if Pauly J, Mikey G and BB Dylan Randall never left the Evil Empire? Would they still be the "team we love to hate if the big 3 didn't leave?"
3. What would have happened if Kimmy Kerry Kelly Katie Weisser made good on her promise to leave RSS after some tense moments in session #2? Would she and Axel have started dating? Would she even be in the league still? Without Axel's Male Influence (don't worry you will hear this phrase again at the fall banquet) would she be in D4 and not D2?
4. What would have happened to both "The" Greene and Associates and TSL if JMOHR decided to actually retire instead of becoming a first ballot hall of fame member?
5. What would have happened many many many sessions ago if the Bambs did not get upset by 6 Pack? Instead of being the team "that keeps losing the big one" would The Bambs be a D3 dynasty right now?
6. What would have happened if Top Line Solutions had to play G For Life (DKK back then) instead of sitting under a shade tree while GNA battled DWIERS in what many claim was the best game ever played in TSL history? Would TSL still have their first title?
7. Who came up with the whole Gender Team idea and if they didn't would someone else have crossed the gender barrier with this idea? Molly's Ladies, RSS Telegraph and Seneca Greenhouse crossed the barrier but would they have if the original idea never came to be?
8. Where would Topper be playing QB if 2 Toddz decided not to take him in? More importantly would he still be playing?
9. Would The Tommy Hughes Experience and "The" Greene and Associates have won last week if Scotty Miranto decided not to go out of town last week?
10. Would Riley St Station even have made the playoffs if Cody Williams didn't join their roster in week #4?
11. What would have happened if Topper didn't knock into Meg Rumschik in a drunken stupor at the Summer Banquet? Minutes later Meg and Lenny had a candid conversation and Really Meg Really became a weekly event on the TSL website.
12. Would Wellington Pub not have lost to EAH last week if Topper did in fact switch the field #3 officials for their first round playoff match up? Am I the only one that thinks the fact that WP even thinks this is absurd?
13. What the hell was TSL even thinking when they allowed a JMOHR led team in D3 (many sessions ago) consisting of himself, "We want more" Val Mohr, Michelle "The Gazelle" Page, Scotty Miranto, "ROB" and Matty Glowicki at QB? This squad could have beaten most D1 teams let alone run over D3 sessions ago (sorry Bambs). If VS never existed would the Bambs have won the title back then?
14. Would Mike Boccio be better off or worse off he never left Top Line Solutions? Many will say worse but I am talking off the field as well.
15. If Derek Bloomfield had joined the TSL 2 seasons earlier would GNA even still be in existence? Was this the final piece to the puzzle to move "Victorious Secret" up to D1 for good?
16. What would have happened to QBS like Chris Cole, Paul from CFB and Dubey if Mike Ford didn't decide to retire (sort of). Would Ford have at least 10-12 trophies for his play by now?
17. Would Mike Boccio be the iconic super legend we know now if Lenny and Topper didn't have their now infamous bet over whether he could be pushed into super stardom?
18. What would have happened if fan favorites Rafferty's, Gordon's, Touchy Ballers and 842 Crew were still stuck in the hell hole on Delaware? How miserable would they be if they spent each and every season playing the same 4 teams?
19. How would this league be different if Super Iconic Social Co Ed Football legend Darryl just gave up years ago instead of taking team Cobblestone on a magical journey which brought them a D4 title, an awesome showing in D3 this session and an example of perhaps the best hair male or female in TSL?
20. What would have happened if Jay Money Koch didn't mention to Topper he knew someone when asked if he knew a DJ for the 1st annual TSL banquet? After this conversation fan favorites Jimmy and Tommy of 5 Star Productions met the TSL and the rest as they say is history.
21. What exactly would have happened if then Catalyst Fitness did NOT welch on "the bet" with Riley St Station. Would that dinner still be talked about years later???
22. What if Lenny and Molly were still friends and not fighting?. Would Lenny's dream of having the West Seneca (or any school really) marching band play at an opening day have happened by now?
I also asked some members of the "inner circle" to chime in. Their thoughts are as follows:
1. What if the Spabafits had been forced to move up after their 1st D5 championship? Would they have undergone the same division ascension that we have witnessed with other squads like Gabby's Banana Hammocks and Cobblestone?
2. This predates the TSL, but what if Topper had in fact been able to acquiesce the Touchy Ballers Fall 2010 playoff scheduling demand? Would it be them and NOT XTC in the D1 final 4 this weekend?
3. What would have happened if Resurrection and Merrill Lynch decided to play a Spring Session?
4. What if John Renzo would have finally stopped relying on, albeit talented players, guys who are lucky to make 3 games per year?
5. What if the Scibilias had followed through and carried their 2011 Ralph Wilson Tourney Team over into a session? Before you had Glowicki to Bloomfield you had Joe Scibilia to Mike Scibilia.
6. What if talented, ex-collegiate level QBS Jake Graci and Drew Thomann would actually get their teams into a huddle every once and a while? Do you know how much easier it is to complete a pass when you know where the WR is going?
7. What if the Zygmunts had believed the initial league split hype and made the jump immediately? Would they have been the initial 6th D1 team meaning Topper had no reason to form The Dream Team? If the DT is never formed, who does Karate pay in the 1st round of the session #2 playoffs? If Karate loses to someone else in the 1st round, does the other team actually show up for the semis meaning TLS does NOT get a semi final bye? If TLS does NOT get a bye do they still win their title?
8. What if Topper relented to Garbacz and Mike Ford's demands that the TSL switch to flags? What would be left for players to scream at refs about? I mean how often are the great minds of Garbacz and Ford able to meld on an idea?
9. What if Julie sans Murray decides to stay with Victorious Secret and go to D2? Would the Red Hawks female weakness instead be one of their greatest strengths with Matty G throwing to Julie and Val Mohr?
10. What if Eric Delecki doesn't commit one of the greatest blunders in the history of touch football when he in the waning minutes of the Spring 2013 D2 championship pulled up at the 1 yard line and attempts to pitch to a girl but gets intercepted by Catalina Wine Mixers leading to Cory Turner coming to be known as circa 2004 Peyton Manning?
11. What if the Dynasty never mutinied against QB Jay Pagano in the winter 2010 league? Would Larry have ever gotten his shot at QB? Furthermore, what if Larry never left the Dynasty? Whose spot in the D2 playoffs this session would the Dynasty have assumed and without Larry, how much of those Dylan absent W's that Larry led them to would have instead been L'S?
12. What if Molly's Ladies had decided to stay true to the all female mentality? Could Jen Stachura have QB'D them to a D5 championship?
13. What if the Sheldon Cooper cut out had not been returned? Would I still be here composing this piece of journalistic brilliance? (EDITORS NOTE: No you would not have......)
14.On the same note, what if Topper sent out that fateful "I'm either gonna be done with football and focus on QBC stuff, or I am starting my own league. What do you think? email all those years ago, the response had not been a unanimous, "Start your own league. Our team will come with you?" Would Game-On be over 100 teams right now? Or would we all still be waiting until 3PM on Friday to find out what county of Western NY we are playing in tomorrow?
15. What if George still owned the Rose Garden? Would the porta Johnny still be necessary as you wouldn't have to take your cleats off to enter the bar? Speaking of which, are there companies that still clean those things out, or is the Rose Garden holding out for the highest bidder ala Groundskeeper Willies retirement grease?
16. What if Lenny was ready? Long considered the most eligible bachelor outside of Paul Johnson, he has been patiently sitting on the sidelines watching and waiting. If you think the shots fly now, just wait until he's ready.....
17. Fed up with new management, what if Topper doesn't pull his team off the field back in 1997 during a BSC playoff football game at ECC.? Does he even meet Moe? Do they ever get together to collaborate and start the beginning of the "old football league?"
18. What if Hero's had indoor lights?
19. What if we hired other DJS instead of Jimmy and Tommy of 5 Star Productions? Would banquets and Saturday football be as much fun? Would TSL have to carry as much sexual harassment insurance?
20. What if Topper listened to Wellington Pub after one of their losses when they complained about the refs, would they still be in the playoffs?
21. What if Topper and Lenny didn't have day jobs? What other crazy crap would they have come up with for football?
22. What if CAT really spelled dog?
23. What kind of TSL world would it be if Young Bethany and Garbacz actually got along?
24. What would have happened if the rumored trade of Paul Johnson to GNA for Mike Grizanti and the playing rights of Devon's child when born ever materialized?
Welcome back for another great season of Topper Sports Football. All games are at the Rosegarden, aka as The Angry Buffalo at The RoseGarden. The address(for the newbies) is 2753 Wehrle Drive Williamsville, NY 14221 (across the street from the Wehrle golf dome. Their website is http://www.angrybuffalo.com/
- please "Like" us on facebook, this is the easiest way for us to notify you and your teammates in the event of cancelations due to weather.
- all players MUST have a signed, notarized waiver on file!
Are You on Facebook, become a fan of Topper Sports, LLC! It's an easy way to also keep in touch with Topper Sports and other players in the league!! https://www.facebook.com/TopperSports
If you haven't noticed, our website is linked in with Facebook. You can log in/register with your Facebook credentials, and if you comment on an article, it will be posted on your Facebook wall.
Topper Sports LLC